The Louisiana High School Coaches Association (LHSCA) was established in 1938 as a sub-entity of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association (LHSAA) in order to help maintain the highest possible standards in athletics and the coaching profession in Louisiana high schools. Since LHSCA’s creation, the association has grown to include approximately 12,000 Louisiana high school coaches, administrators, athletic directors and superintendents.
The mission of the Louisiana High School Coaches Association is to “elevate coaches beyond the game.”
- Emphasize the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethical conduct and fair play.
- Eliminate all possibilities which tend to destroy the best values of the game.
- Stress the values derived from playing the game fairly.
- Show cordial courtesy to visiting teams and officials.
- Establish a happy relationship between visitors and hosts.
- Respect the integrity and judgment of sports' officials.
- Achieve a thorough understanding and acceptance of the rules of the game and standards of eligibility.
- Recognize that the purpose of athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social and emotional well being of the individual players.
- Remember an athletic contest is only a game - not a matter of life or death for a player, coach, school, official, fan, community, state or nation.